Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Friday, April 07, 2006

To Spend Forever in Paradise...


As the Passover story unfolds, Jesus clears the Temple in Jerusalem, His Father's house on earth of the money changers. It is clearly something that causes great anger in God's Son so it must also displease Father God. The love of money is something I have witnessed to quite often in my life and I know it is one of the seven deadly sins, greed. In these times, we have watched this motivation acting in our political leaders to such an extent it was shocking.

I don't believe I have seen anything quite so blatantly obnoxious and in the name of the Lord's government. Really what were people thinking or better, feeling? Certainly not from their hearts as the poor, elderly, and infirmed were threatened every fiscal year with extreme cuts to their health care and other small benefits so that wealthy people in this country could enjoy more of their income sans taxes. Are these people really the same ones crying out to our Lord for mercy on their souls in private and please keep God in our Pledge and government? Have they read the Bible? As Christians we are to educate, baptise and care for those who can't care for themselves. We are to share our gifts and pray for one another and give to one another.

There are so many stories and lessons that Jesus leaves for us before he prepares for His last few days on earth. The Beatitudes, The Lord's Prayer, to Love God and one another, and to have faith in Him. For through Him we will be saved. He shows us in the mysteries of the Passion. His promise is eternal life with our Father in Paradise. We will be angels and won't suffer any longer.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Fathers house are many rooms; ...I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you with me that you will also be where I am.
John 14:1-4

I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

No comments: