Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Lord is my Shepherd


The Lord as my Shepherd is one of my favorite portraits of Lord Jesus. It is the humble shepherd who hears the unique bell of each sheep in the herd. Even the stray he goes to find. There are many pieces of art around this theme and I wanted to share several. My business Starbell Enterprises reflects this concept, that my bell is my own sound that God hears so if I stray to far He will hear me to rescue me. The name came in an inspiration when I was working as an art consultant in a gallery in San Francisco. It was truly a blessing.

This is a graphic tag put together by an Internet artist using a famous Christian artist's work. I don't have his name offhand since I lost my files recently in a hack job. The idea is that each follower will pick up their own cross when they follow Him. I like this portrait because it is near a river and suggests the baptism of water the Lord asks of us.

For me Psalm 23 is one of those places in the Old Testament that prophesies the coming of Jesus the Savior. The quiet waters to restore the soul in baptism, his teachings that guides in paths of righteousness, His comfort even through death. He prepares a table even with my enemies which is communion supper, anointing my head with oil healing me, only blessings come from the Lord and I will live with Him in His house forever!

No comments: