Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Say hi to everyone Silver.


Well, we're all moved in now and Silver feels right at home. He's a blue blushing bridal veiled angelfish and has been with me going on 7 years now. He is happy except doesn't like the flash on the camera and went away to hide in the plants after his photo shoot.

Silver is an amazing fish. He was tiny when I got him and I bought him with another angel and several other fish. I started the aquarium when I quit smoking for the umpteenth time. This time I did quit and what is more the addiction left me. I call it prayer which I didn't do before. Also a great stop smoking program in the state of California helped out. I had learned everything about cessation and the poisons in my other attempts at cessation. This time it worked! Silver is an honor of that time and this smoke free time going on 7 years in May.

Thank you Lord. And thank you for Silver.

It is hard to believe a fish can have an influence on people put Silver has. People come into the room and go to his home and say Hi, Silver! About 5 homes in my neighborhood bought aquariums when they heard about Silver. He has a personality and anxiety attacks even though he is part of the piranha family. He loves to be hand fed and will show off his colors if you sit away and just watch him strut in the water with his finnage trailing. He is about 10 inches long total.

He lives in an 18 gal. aquarium alone. He prefers it that way. He loves to go to sleep early in the dark and doesn't eat now until 10 or 11 am. It gets harder for him the older he gets but he loves the brine shrimp because they are softer. LOL!

Sometimes I sit by his house and just chat away about the day or problems or watch him. He shows me if something is wrong. He will take one of the bubble tubes out of the filters and it makes a big noise. Then he swims frantically back and forth until I get it.

Anyway say hello, Silver!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Welcome to your new diggs. I hope you and Silver are happy here.

Don't forget to drop by the old neighborhood from time to time.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Son bon pour voir une source pour ceci.Truly, Nu the best air cleaners and purifiers

Anonymous said...

I found some really good deals about
As Seen On TV
on a site about Seen On TV products.
There are many of these sites but
this one was easy to get around and
had a toll-free number in case you did not
want to order over the net. Check it out.