Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Being Thankful in 2005


Thanksgiving Day 2005 ~

Today I am thankful that California turned greener by going more solar...

"On November 15, Administrative Law Judge Kim Malcolm issued a decision to increase solar funding to $300 million for next year--the largest it has ever been. In the next month, the CPUC will decide the level of funding for solar programs over the next 10 years to fully implement what is now being called the "California Solar Initiative."

I am also thankful that we have our country and its freedoms even if it isn't perfect, nothing is, this isn't paradise, unfortunately.

I am thankful I can read and write and maneuver through society mathematically.

I am thankful I have an excellent education and that I have taught others to read and love our language.

I am deeply thankful for my talents in art, music, theater, and writing, especially poetry.

I am thankful for my family no matter how far apart we may be in actual distance and emotional distance. I love my grandchildren to no end.

Dear Father God, thank you for my friends...all through my life, the old, the new, real time and online. I hope they feel the same about me. I want to be a good friend.

Thank you for my practical needs that are being met, you ask for my trust and I give it to you and you take care of me.

Thank you for letting me help others when I can.

Thank you for my health and healing me when I have been sick and for my wonderful doctors and medicine.

Thank you for justice and righteousness and I pray that justice increases in my life.

Thank you Father for my Savior, Jesus Christ, for this last Thanksgiving holiday of the year when most Americans gather to remember to say thank you for whatever they have.

Thank you for my faith that keeps the light on in the darkness around me.

God bless us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lood I en avant � lire plus au sujet du ionic air purifiers chicago - plus le meilleur.Toodle-oo, Art ionic air purifiers chicago

Anonymous said...

This is a very nice site. I was out looking for "univerity clean air reports" and found your blog in the process.

Best of luck.