Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Monday, November 21, 2005

The house is fresh right down to the air purifier/ionizer!


Isn't this a lovely room? I used to dream of living in the old days when I was a child. I tied on my brother's red Superman cape for a long apron, grabbed a couple of wooden spoons and would make-believe out in my leaf outline house in the yard. It was thrilling.

Later, when I was a mom, I made a trip back East especially for my daughter to get a real idea of days gone by and our history. We went to all the hot Thanksgiving spots (in May and June). Williamsburg, VA; Plymouth, MA,; Sturbridge Village (a lot of fun) and Mt. Vernon. My parents made sure I went to Jefferson's Monticello and Jackson's home as well, but my daughter and my neighbor and her son who went with us knew we didn't have time if we wanted to see Niagra Falls. There was just so much history, I guess to take in.

Plymouth was memorable because there is a replica of the Mayflower there and, of course, Plymouth Rock! Williamsburg is so quaint and Mt. Vernon is awesome with its meaningful history.

Well, I am in my 21st Century Thanksgiving mode. My air purifier/ionizers came today to put the final polish on my home. I have two to keep the air freshened and they are in whisper mode. All the cleaning is done except for one horrendous little pile of papers to be filed, and I didn't get the outside windows done but maybe before Christmas.

Turkey is beginning to thaw and last minute shopping will be done on Wednesday before my mom gets here. OK, so I ordered one of the pies...but it's pumpkin cheesecake with crushed pecan crust. Scrumptious.

My mom will be here for Thanksgiving eve and I am being taken out to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. That is my reward because at 5:00am Thanksgiving morning, I am driving her (82 years old) to SFO (San Francisco Airport) so she can fly to Florida for the holiday. More on this later.

So much to do, so little time left! I don't feel so bad. Some people have already left for Hawaii. All the food is flown in to the islands. It is exorbitant.
I can't even imagine it, just laying on the beach or swimming with the dolphins, fixing the feast in a rented condo that already was cleaned.

No comments: