Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Friday, March 23, 2012

Lessons from the Master


So many stories of the teachings of Jesus before he finishes his life on earth, as primitive as those times seem, his lessons are clear for us today in a fast paced technological world. In the end, as much as we, the human race have tried to improve life, it is still full of hatred, disease, poverty and death. The Beatitudes and stories leading up to Christ's stunning death and resurrection then ascension to heaven clear the pathways of charlatons, apostasy, phoney messiahs and prophets. His simple approach and methods of instruction are so wonderful, full of hope and love and direction on how to live a better life. He speaks of everything that is human and for me the best stories of life are his because I never forget them and they only increase in worth and depth as I age and mature.

The Beatitudes are the opposite of the worst things on earth. They tell us what is possible even when it seems impossible. I have pondered them all my literate life and continue to meditate on them. The simplicity of each statement contains the most profound truths on earth, preparing us for the most profound experience to come. The Great Rescue and as Paul says the Victory over death no one else could accomplish.
THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS


"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10

The stories of Jesus, his teachings in the temples, his experiences training his disciples compel me to evaluate my life in regard to his meanings, his examples. Even when I have turned away, like magnets they bring me home to solve my problems, light my path through life, guide me into the uncertain future. What is certain is that I am His and he has made me a Citizen of Heaven!


No comments: