Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Monday, September 15, 2008

Labor Day Labor of Love

Coronado Beach, Coronado, CA

Channel Islands National Marine Life Sanctuary,

Ventura, CA

My mom and I helped my neice and nephew move into their new and first apartment in the San Diego area. We rented a UHaul truck and had movers half full it with furniture from my mom's house and then I drove it with her following me along Hwy 101 to Vista, CA. It was a beautiful but bouncy drive. It was wonderful because they were so happy to see us and thankful that we had brought them furniture and household goods to get them started. They are both in college and working, live near their dad's relatives. I am so proud of them for landing on their feet and sticking together.

Then after we unloaded everything and had dinner, Mom and I drove to San Diego or just south to Chula Vista where we delivered the truck. I had never been there and it was night. It was beautiful, the bridges and buildings of Sand Diego lit up with colored lights, one church we passed seemed to glow from within. On the way down the coast, the vegetation is different once you get to Pismo Beach, more palms and very floral by Santa Barbara, a truly gorgeous town. After going to Coronado to see its famous beach we drove up to Channel Islands National Wildlife Sanctuary. I got my idea for my last watercolor of the California Sanctuaries and we had a wonderful conversation with the volunteer on duty who clearly loved the Sanctuary and all its life. I bought some animal picture bookmarks for my grandkids. The weather was so wonderful, the sea air so clean. It was a delightful mini-vacation.


No comments: