Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Monday, September 08, 2008

9-11 Remembering





Sometimes I see movies or old TV shows that were filmed in NYC before 9-11-01 and I see the skyline with the WTC towers. It brings a tinge of sadness and startles a little even now. One of the pilots of Flight 93 has family here in Silicon Valley and they are always being interviewed at this time to remember that tragic day. There was a show on TV of interviews with people who just missed being on Flight 93. The Pentagon is all repaired now and we are winding up the war in Iraq and it sounds like the plan is to really hit Osama bin Ladan in his home turf to help take down his organization, Al Qaeda. It's been seven years and I know I will never forget. It will be like Pearl Harbor is to my parents generation and something I historically inherited to those children who follow. It is just so enormous and tragic, my heart breaks today for the suffering. I read that Osama bin Ladan may have had a psychotic break: first crack when his dad died; second massive crack when his half-brother who was real westernized died in a plane wreck. OK, it explains a little of his fanaticism but I don't care enough. I grew up without my dad who was killed in a car wreck. I lost my brother long ago to culture wars. You can survive loss and not tear up the world and impose strange cultural rules (burkas and beards) upon people.


Yes, I tried to understand, but I just hope they blow his head off and soon. I don't think he was looking for compassion, do you?

No comments: