Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Assumption of Mary


Every year I learn something new about my faith. One year I learned about the Assumption of Mary, Jesus Mother. It is celebrated on August 15th. It is the time when Mary departs Earth and goes to Heaven to be with her Son and God and the Angels. Protestants don't note this day at all, it is an Orthodox and Catholic celebration. I came to know Our Lady's ascent day through the Catholic Church.
This year I was watching a video on the Footsteps of Jesus. It is a documentary with music about the Holy places around Jerusalem. I knew there was a Church of the Assumption somewhere in the city. In this old, poorly made video was a short presentation on this special church. The camera went inside and we could see where Mary is buried. It was a first for me and I feel blessed this year to have this knowledge.
Peace to the world.

No comments: