Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Who's your daddy?




Today my mother is flying to her 65th high school reunion in the Midwest. It's her second in a row, she went last year because she graduated early but her real classmates are this year. Last year included the college bunch and she heard talk about my dad when she went up to the college town where they met. But this year is just the high school set and her very best friend of all time from everywhere is in this class, Betty. She is flying out today and will be at Betty's this evening...2 little eighty something old ladies cackling away at their good ole times way back when. They will be going to lunches and dinners and flirting with who knows who for a week!Since they are both widows I only hope they don't elope or something foolish like that.
Mom taught Betty the ropes on baton twirling and she became her majorette while mom was the drum major. Mom went on to win the National Drum Majorette Championship. The other student and majorette was the Wicked Witch of the East, Aunt Jo who also became a National Champion later on. I can't twirl much at all, hurts my bony fingers and when I throw the baton into the air, I'd rather run than catch it. LOL!!
This is a day for hell and my mom is flying into the sky. She has Wicked Witch of the West socks that my sister gave her and my aunt is the Witch of the East in Florida.
I'll be taking her to the airport today because their ain't no broomstick.
The title to this photo is Hellsky. I'll be glad when the day is over and Mom is laughing with Betty in the Midwest. (They might even talk about my dad some. Betty was Matron of Honor in the wedding.)

No comments: