Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Modern Ballet

I had fun making this tag. The reason is to commemorate going to a special ballet this weekend. A contemporary company out of San Francisco is playing in Carmel, CA. I am looking forward to seeing it since I haven't been to a pure dance troupe since the San Francisco ballet's productions when I lived there years ago. However, that was all classical ballet. Then, I saw The Lion King this winter and the dance numbers in that were wonderful but a Broadway stage production is a lot different than a dance troupe.
I have no idea what to expect. It will be so nice to be on the Monterey Peninsula again as well. I have a great need to get away, my stock market barometer was in a wild mood swing lately...so I need a change of pace. I had one of those weeks where I was glad I didn't pursue a career as a financial manager.
I used to dance and choreograph numbers in high school. It was great fun. If nothing else maybe I can get some nice moves for my afternoon dance exercise from these pros! LOL!!
To all who read this blog...hope your weekend is pleasant...stress at a minimum.

No comments: