Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Sunday, June 25, 2006

A-h-h...going to the beach!



What a wonderful month this has been. I had a pleasant birthday weekend. Spent it at Santana Row in San Jose...a wonderful oasis of class in the city. We (my mom, me and a girlfriend) went to see The Lake House, nothing like a romantic chick flick for the ladies. We had a dim sum at an authentic Asian all you can eat buffet. Quite different. My mother went all out and baked me a 4 tiered German chocolate cake which was shared with neighbors back home, (some came back for seconds, LOL!!!!!!!)

Today is my day of rest, praying and reading the Bible and walking with the Lord, thanking him for all good things that have come my way.

Tomorrow my mother and I take off for Pt. Reyes National Seashore so that I can sketch the Gulf of Farallones National Marine Life Sanctuary. JFK established the National Seashore during his presidency. I'm really excited about doing this one; it means only one left in my series.

Then we take off for Healdsburg and the Fan Museum where mother has donated her extensive fan collection. That should be fun to see! Yes, a couple of days away from home on a working vacation. Just what the doctor ordered!


No comments: