Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Monday, April 10, 2006

Seeking the face of the Lord...Follow me


In the early 90's I saw the first picture of Jesus laughing at the Paulist Bookstore in San Francisco. Since then I have seen several artists' portraits who have shown our Lord with laughter which is correct. He came not as an austere prophet, but one who could enjoy the party as well as minister to those around Him. He loved to tell stories that entertain with a meaning that hold the attention for the rest of your life. The picture of Jesus holding the little boy is one of my favorites and I have it just from His shoulders up framed in my room. But the full picture is more moving. I pray for my grandsons and all children to know the Lord this way and to follow Him. The stairway superimposed up through this figure is the stairway to heaven. Some Internet graphic artist put this tag together and I think it says so much. I want to be a little child in Lord Jesus arms so He can carry me to Heaven.
Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it...
Mark 10:15
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Matthew 18:3-6

No comments: