Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Lord's Last Supper

This is such a sacred day. One of the most special Communion Suppers I ever had was at Old St. Mary's Cathedral in San Francisco. It was just after the California Marine Life Sanctuaries were established. I had walked miles for this to happen along the trails of the Central Coast, painting it, talking to people, writing poetry. I was very tired. The Church community invited everyone to come forward to have their feet washed, just like when Jesus celebrated his Last Supper with his dearest friends, he first washed their feet. It was a very moving experience. I will never forget it.

I hope every Christian will be with the Lord today or tonight in Holy Communion.


No comments: