Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Monday, March 20, 2006

Believing in something more than here...


My Christian soul cried out to change my last post to something more hopeful. Today I immersed myself in Christian thought, prayer and readings. I also have been busy off and on with my website and computer business but in between I found these wonderful websites.
I've been reading The Purpose Driven Life by Rev. Rick Warren. I gave a copy of it to my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas to read and do a sharing devotional. I hope they do. Today I looked at his church, Saddleback's website to find out more about him and his ministry. I found his first book was The Purpose Driven Church and the website certainly reflected this concept. I signed up for the newsletter and monthly magazine even though I can't attend I can get ideas and part of the spirit that way.

As I read I found another group Pastor Warren founded and that was Pastors.com which is for the ministry. Here I found his plan for peace in the world that small groups could implement. Even an individual could do some of the parts. One thing I already have done and that was take part in educating the next generation. As a teacher, teaching reading was one of the greatest rewarding experiences of my life. I got my poetry book back in the last gig I had as a volunteer and I taught Spanish speaking children the love of the English language through poetry. We had a blast. They renewed my interest in my poems. I published the book, In The Sanctuary A Collection of Poems. Voila. Here is a poem from it...

One Day In Eternity

Spending time

I was leaving

Sanctuary

To spend

One day in eternity.

Stepping onto the beach

A baby sand dollar

Paved the way

Over the waves

Too polluted

For human touch.


Here are the 5 points to the P.E.A.C.E. Plan based on the 5 basic problems of the world.

1. Spiritual emptiness ~ Plant churches

Twenty-five percent of the world’s people groups have never heard the name of Jesus Christ.


2. Corrupt leadership ~ Equip servant leaders … to attack ego-centric leadership

In much of the world, self centered and even corrupt leaders in both public and private sectors abuse their power to serve themselves instead of using their power and influence for the good of those who need help the most.


3. Poverty ~ Assist the poor … to attack poverty

Half of the world lives on less than $2 a day.

4. Disease ~ Care for the sick … to attack disease

Three-hundred million people suffer from curable diseases.
Forty million people are infected with HIV/AIDS.


5. Illiteracy ~ Educate the next generation …to attack illiteracy

Half of the world is functionally illiterate.

I have worked in inner cities, worked on the environment, and helped educate the next generation. I can only hope my own child and grandchildren are spiritually solvent.

What came to my mind is that I could dedicate my blog to the first point. Since the blogs are international, maybe I may reach someone with the Good News. One of my missions was to seek my Lord's face and hear His name. So I will be sharing from now until Easter or actually Pasha, (Orthodox Easter) the Face of Jesus Christ and the meaning of His life. I can only hope the light reaches into the dark corners.


No comments: