Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Plutonium to Pluto...the Edge of Space and God's Second Heaven


Universal Fabric Victim #13

This weekend I had a DVD movie festival with a variety of pictures from Serenity to Must Love Dogs. The latter did wonders for my faith in men thanks to the guy who gets the girl in the end and his wonderful outlook and conversations about love. But the movie Serenity is a Wes Craven sci-fi film that takes us easily through space in a somewhat falling apart spaceship of the same name like we might travel across our country by vintage car. Stereotypes of people from our time live in their time including a young psychic who never quite fits and who has been made into a weapon psychologically by the higher powers of control. Her doctor brother hovers over trying to protect her. They visit posts in space, one is a Christian one which later is obliterated by a group of monstrous people (rapists, cannibals, etc.) that also are roaming the universe.
One of the explanations offered for why this group of monsters exists is that they reached the edge of space and the vast emptiness of it drove them to madness. I have never had thought of that in my many nights of space wanderings from earth throughout my life. I think of space as God's second heaven, the way the Bible explains it. I could think of the edge of space as "under construction" or not finished yet! LOL!
Later, it is discovered that this roaming group of terrorists is the result of a drug gone bad. The drug is called PAX and was administered to everyone on a planet but it killed them all. It was supposed to take away all aggressions so that everyone would live in peace. It took their will to live away and turned a small percent psychotic so that they became the universe marauders on a killing spree. Ah, no easy drug for peace. The only one who can bring us peace is the Messiah who is to return to earth soon. In the meantime, we war with one another and accuse one another of making too many war materials! Oh well and good. I hear our country calling out to the world about their nuclear armaments and production. Then I look at our own backyard.
Here is the latest...There is a rocket launch from Cape Kennedy which has been delayed which has plutonium on board. This article explains what can happen if there is an accident. The US government is being pretty quiet about what could happen and diminishing the facts, keeping accidental radiation exposure in Florida at a minimum. There is more because this is a whole nuclear rocket program from NASA. So we will be launching a lot of plutonium. This rocket will get to the moon in 9 hours (that leaves me breathless) but it is going to Pluto so it will take a lot longer, 10 years. I love space missions but I worry about plutonium being rocketed into our atmosphere.
Oh, the painting is from my series entitled Universal Fabric Victims. This is the only one I finished from the sketches. It is 4'x5' and there are 12 more. It made my friends shiver but it helped launch my discovery in New York and into the international art world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there:)

In my books, you�re the best!! Hope you have more details soon!!

Regards,
money at home make work