Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Saturday, November 08, 2014

Veteran's Day 2014


I watched the movie Lincoln today again for the 3rd time. Also watched the controversial movie, America. In the latter one I learned something I never knew, that there were as many black slave owners in the South before the Civil War as white. I don't know why that fact was kept out of my education but it was. The fact that slavery was abolished in any form, racial, sex, or children or religion, whatever kind with the 13th Amendment and that a long bloody Civil War was fought and won on the side of freedom for our country is so important. Thanks to the families and veterans of the Revolutionary War that started us on the road to freedom, to the vets of the Civil War and the leadership of Lincoln that set everyone free, and all the veterans who have fought long hard wars since to keep us free as other humans invent ways to enslave us. Veterans in my family are the people who have kept the spirit of freedom alive for me. I will always remember my grandfathers, father and uncles who served and spoke against tyranny!

No comments: