Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Monday, February 04, 2013

Wear Red for Heart Month!

 
After 20 years of high blood pressure and triglycerides plus a mild heart attack, my doctor finally has given me an all clear. He said I will never die of a heart attack or stroke. I thank my nutritionists and online doctors and food experts who have been free with their advice on what to eat. Thinking of food as healthcare and medicinal changed my lifestyle completely. I always thought I did well until my blood pressure shot up in my 50's along with the triglyceride level of my blood cholesterol. Nothing worked and I wasn't overweight and moderately active...I could ride a bike 10 miles on a weekend easily. For several years I thought I might not wake up in the morning, not a good way to go to sleep. Then I started on a statin and blood pressure medicine. I worked out differently, resistance and weight bearing, and changed the way I thought about food totally! I started taking melatonin to sleep instead of being sedated for my insomnia. Sleeping and eating better and getting exercise everyday has helped so much! Yes, wear red for Heart month and educate yourself to why!


No comments: