Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Sailing Cruise to Channel Islands NMLS - Thanks LA chapter of Sierra Club!


Don't have permission but this is one of the best photos I've ever seen of The Channel Islands in California.

Tomorrow I leave for a sailing cruise in the Channel Islands National Marine Life Sanctuary off of Santa Barbara, CA. The Los Angeles Chapter of the Sierra Club is sponsoring it for a fundraiser. I really needed to get better sketches and views for my watercolors in my business, Starbell Enterprises

We'll be sailing in and around the islands and people can go scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking and hiking onto the islands. There will be 30 people plus crew on this trip so I am really looking forward to meeting others interested in whale watching, the environment, wildlife, and the California coast!

It's my first time sleeping on the water and on the ocean for longer than a day. Also my first time on the Pacific Ocean. My daughter and I had a wonderful all day whale watching cruise in the North Atlantic out of Boston. So this should be even better. I'm taking sketchbook, drawing pencils, and my camera plus binoculars. I really hope to see a Blue Whale and of course the beloved gray whales in migration to Mexico. I love dolphins so maybe some will stop by!

No comments: