Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's Official! Executive Order Stewardship of our Oceans, Our Coasts and The Great Lakes!!



I just finished a 3 day camping trip along the Northern California Coast and back through the Redwood coastal forests. It was a working vacation. I missed out on last year's work schedule for my business Starbell Enterprises to complete the scenes in the Federal Marine Life Sanctuaries. I wanted to add Muir Beach and Pt. Reyes National Seashore and focus on some of California State Parks. Also wanted to add The Wild coastal scenes to my new offline, offshore series of large paintings. Thirdly, I needed to get away from the city and population density.

Mission accomplished on all three points! My turnaround point was Mendocino Headlands State Park. I never take pictures of the coast but this was so breathtaking and something I probably won't paint that I snapped several. There was no camping here but not far is Van Damm State Park so that is where I stayed just across the highway from the beach so that the ocean's waves put me to sleep.

Just want to celebrate this long worked for event of the Ocean's Policy so many ocean's groups have supported, and it includes stewardship. AT LAST!! Thank you, Mr. President.
 

No comments: