Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ascension Sunday and Memorial Weekend



Ascension Sunday falls on Memorial Day Weekend this year so it makes a nice holiday. I like to believe that God is in His heaven with His Son watching over us, our military service people are being honored this weekend and in a great show, the Navy gave us a first strike on a long range missle out in the Pacific this week. I think of it as a gift to start the holiday.

I think of our fallen military and any who served who are with our Lord now. My grandfathers, my dad, my uncles, family friends, friends.

It's a time when I fly my flag, a little one in the wreath on the door; one hanging in the hallway...it flew over the Capitol in honor of my dad. Anyone can ask their Rep. or Sen. in Congress to do this for them. I commerated the anniversary of his death. I cherish my flag.

I made some computer floral arrangements, I may bring them out over this weekend. It is comforting to know our Lord left this earth to prepare a place for us with our Father in heaven. I think of my family in heaven that have left the earth.

What do other people do that have no such faith?