Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Miracles!

One of the signs of the Christian faith is miracles. Of course, they have to be recognized, no matter how small. One big miracle just happened in my family and I want to publicly thank God and witness to it.

Yesterday, I posted the Remembrance to Pamela of AOL J-land Journals passing. Her sudden death due the advanced stages of cancer wasn't unexpected but we all thought she would be with us awhile longer. The grace of her life was eloquently put by her sisters relating it in her Yahoo group about her illness and her Internet Obit. She wanted her life to count for something (well, she was an accountant, makes sense to me) and mean something which explains her devotion to her children and her amazing journal to the world about the suffering of cancer.

Many prayers were said during Pam's illness and after her passing. I wrote to her in one of my last emails that I was benefitting from the prayers because many angels were gathering above us and lots of my own prayers were being answered and my life was improving! Praise you Father God!

So is the following part of the grace of Pam's passing? I'd like to think so.

Yesterday, my mom called with the miraculous news that my Aunt Jo didn't have lung cancer! I was astonished. The biopsy indicated chronic irritated lungs due to chronic bronchitis and pneumonia, conditions I have had off and on in my life.

Aunt Jo had quit smoking 30 years ago so I had thought my paltry little seven years of cessation were canceled now, this would be the 4th person to have the dreaded cancer in my mom's family, 3 generations including mine.

Her daughter who is a doctor and lives in SF called the doctors for an assessment and got fast results. We are all relieved. I haven't heard my mom sound like that, like there was a higher power watching out for us, well, maybe ever. No doubt about it, she was truly taken aback, surprised by the news in a very good way.

This week the Orthodox Churches are celebrating Pasha, Holy Week. Sunday will be their Easter. My Greek blood pauses to honor the celebrations from this distance.

It is why I posted this graphic. Lord Jesus is inviting us into Paradise. I love the columns, the colors, His robes and face are all graceful. His arms are open in a welcome but his hands are extended like so many times when I have seen the picture, Don't doubt it, these are my hands, my wounds. I am still with you. I have risen from the grave, a victory for the human race, and the Glory to our Father God.

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9

The greatest miracle of all!

No comments: