Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Lord of Lords

When Jesus Christ walked away from His tomb He became the Lord of Lords. No other faith has a King such as He or the power over death such as Lord Jesus Christ. I love this painting by Simon Dewey. He shows Jesus stepping out of the tomb into the daylight in triumph. It is a very popular painting among graphic tag artists. Again we are invited to meet the Resurrected Lord ourselves Easter morning.

I spent Saturday emailing my sister in Florida about our childhood in Missouri and our beloved First Christian Church. We were both baptized in it and she sang in the choir. I sent her a beautiful tag of The Old Rugged Cross but it was titled On A Hill Far Away. We reminisced about how close that church was and especially at Easter. Then we talked about her dad who was my first stepfather and how he liked sour pies like gooseberry and rhubarb. It was fun to think back. He was a quiet but strong influence in my life. But the church was from my own father's family, my grandfather and I was blessed to a member with my step-sister. She attends the Lutheran Church now.

I am going to walk down the street to my little neighborhood church to attend their services. They had invited me and for breakfast. It's still raining, the baptismal rains of spring 2006 here in our Valley.


A Blessed Easter to All Who Read This!

No comments: