Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Friday, April 21, 2006

Good Friday of Orthodox Holy Week

Today is Good Friday of the Orthodox Holy Week. The 2 week Holy Season is drawing to a close. I needed a two week break. One week of deep intensity and spiritual cleansing, another of praise and winding down with new awarenesses. Spiritual breaks are very important to a healthy life. I got an email yesterday...it said...This is true, even if you are not superstitious, agnostic, or otherwise faith impaired. How sad for those who have no spiritual awakenings.

I found a wonderful recipe for Greek Braid Bread. My neighbors like my baking even if it is just for the aromas that float through the air. It is wonderful to be appreciated for something you do so maybe I will try it this weekend and share it. Hope they like anise.

You have fed them with the bread of tears.
Psalm 80:5

No comments: