Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Miracles during Lent...in Afghanistan!


Today a miracle has occurred. The Christian man in Afghanistan is set to be released, apparently due to lack of evidence! Where there was fear now there is the peace of the Lord. God is with us.
Because a man converted to Christianity in a country that was Muslim he was persecuted and arrested and almost executed for his faith. To me I was witnessing the early Christians and their lives of testimony of faith as this man never once wavered as he was called all kinds of things.
I am so thankful to God that the leaders of his country have stepped down from this persecution. I believe if they would have followed through with their threats, it would have caused great unrest in Christian countries throughout the world.
Yesterday I wrote about the faith of the disciples tested when Jesus walked upon the water. Today I witness to His great delivery of Faith.
Jesus said when he appeared to them as he walked upon the water,
Take courage, it is I. Don't be afraid.
Peter wants him to prove its him by letting him come out to Jesus on the water. When he begins to sink he cries out.
Lord save me!
Jesus reached out his hand and caught him, You of little faith, he said, why did you doubt?
When the wind died down, those in the boat worshipped him and said,
Truly you are the Son of God.
Matthew 14:22-36
The Lord bless us and keep us.
Numbers 6:24

No comments: