Translate

Search This Blog

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
P. B. Shelley

Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas Advent Week One





Thanksgiving has passed, the last harvest of the year and it was bountiful but full of the tension of our American election. I spent a quiet but filling holiday full of retrospect and still very hopeful for the future. One thing I was deeply thankful for was the release from several environmental groups that global warming had slowed down, that there was hope for our future not to be so devastated if we kept on track. My disappointment that the US might now veer off track with the election of Donald Trump and back off our clean energy programs is disheartening. The rest of the world though seems to be firm in their commitment to climate change which keeps me very hopeful. The terrible standoff at Standing Rock Sioux in N. Dakota of course filled the holiday even as the Blackfoot tribe were rewarded safety for their sacred lands by President Obama. My daughter's paternal great-grandmother was a Blackfoot Indian from Montana and I am very happy for this tribe today.




Now it is Advent Week One and people are Christmas shopping and decorating. I hope the Christmas spirit grows bright this season. 

No comments: